For those of us who view Facebook as a recreational tool, a shortcut to conversation with friends and family, the news that Facebook is intending to allow data mining probably won’t affect us too much. If, however, you are identified by fb as being an influencer, you’ll need to pay more attention. Facebook is adding a “VIP” section that will allow advertisers and marketers to identify users who are influencers and target them directly with special offers and so on, all the while analysing language on their pages. Read more in the Fast Company article.
Posts Tagged ‘Facebook’
Below is a random sample of the articles I found interesting over the last few months.
Green buildings, green cities
- HafenCity. Right from the start.
- Living Future 2010: Energy Code Overhaul. Vancouver and Seattle are working on new models for outcome-based energy codes.
- Detroit and the office of the future.
- Vertical Farming. Could this be a new way for sustainable cities?
- Why IBM could be bigger than Facebook in social media.
- How social media has changed the nature of documentary filmmaking.
- The demographics of Facebook versus MySpace. Facebook users are more educated, have higher incomes than MySpace users.
- Social network suicide. Tired of your profile? Learn how to delete it all in seconds.
- How Twitter will change the way we live.
- The car industry: small isn’t beautiful. Demographic changes mean more people are choosing smaller cars but the business model of most car makers means that small cars aren’t profitable.
Weird and wonderful
- Diabetes and maybe another good reason to drink red wine.
- No lights? Just read by the trees….one day.
- A rational drugs policy in the U.K.? Removing penalties on drugs doesn’t necessarily lead to greater use.
Contact me for a full report, tailored to your needs.
- I'm a copywriter, proofreader and editor living in Sydney, Australia.
Crisp corporate copy or mellow moody copy, based on your preferred tone of voice and target audience.
Call me on 0419 200 224 today or email me at email@example.com
Recent blog posts
Blog tags6 steps to happiness Adobe ahead of the curve American spelling Automotive big data buzzwords censorship climate colour is new black colour of love colours copywriter copywriting creative crowd-funding data mining Demographics design disruption editor environment Facebook fiscal cliff frequent flyer miles game-changing GFC global financial crisis good deed good within happiness heat exchange honey bees Impact International iPhone keyboard latent qualities MasterCard masterplanned community Microsoft optimism paper collection personal development pesticides pique privacy loss professional copywriter proofreader proofreading rare earths red repetition retail royal wedding science SEO skyscraper digital campaign smarter cities smartphone diagnostics Social Media solar garden strategy sustainability Sydney Sydney Christmas tone of voice Twitter unions valued employees vertical farm VIP water awareness websites wind turbines yellow YouTube